The specific conditions included in the Chronic Disease Management Programmes are:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cardiovascular Disease including:
– Heart Failure
– Heart Attack (Angina)
– Irregular Heartbeat (Atrial Fibrillation)
How will the programme work for you?
There will be 2 free structured reviews in the GP surgery each year as part of the Chronic Disease Management Programme. This amounts to a total
of 4 free visits per year.
The Chronic Disease Management programme can improve your ability to
manage your condition and support you by providing:
- Structured reviews of your chronic disease with your GP or practice nurse
- A personalised care plan developed and agreed with your GP
- Regular reviews of your care plan and medication
- Opportunities for structured education and self-management support